The New York Times and The Washington Post got around to reporting January 9, 2007, what we told subscribers a week earlier – that drinking beer, wine and spirits moderately reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, even for people suffering from high blood pressure.
It’s not the first time Beverage News Daily readers were “in the know” on news important to their business long before readers of the general news media: In just eight weeks, we were the first to tell you the first to tell you:
- The news that slashed Constellation’s sale price
- Merger plans between Redhook and Widmer
- How a key ingredient in red wine appears to extend life, reduce obesity
- How New York suppliers agreed to pay millions to settle charges by state’s attorney general
- How Pernod Ricard settled a tax case with TTB
- Underage drinking use was down across the board last year, but prescription drug abuse is soaring
- 66% of white tablecloth restaurants expect wine to gain share this year
- A survey says teens experiment with liquor and FMBs more than beer
- The STOP Underage Drinking Act passed Congress
- n A-B’s radical change in business strategy – from simply selling its own brands to aggressively acquiring crafts and imports.
- DISCUS backs interlocks for hard core drunk drivers
- European Union Opposes Tax Breaks for Direct Shippers
- Moves by grocers in Massachusetts, Minnesota to sell wine
- Maxxium turns to Coke bottler for distribution
- One mutual fund advisor controls 1 of every 8 shares of Constellation
- Constellation turning to global sourcing for most wines
- Why Standard & Poor’s lowered A-B’s credit rating
- And much, much more
Whether it’s industry consolidation, changes in corporate strategies, important legislation, health news about your products, distribution changes, trade issues affecting beer, wine and spirits or important legal news, you get the news first in Beverage News Daily.
Beverage News Daily is sent by e-mail to subscriber around 8:30 a.m. Eastern nearly every business day.
To subscribe, click “Subscribe Now” in the menu bar above.